Thursday, March 31, 2011
If you have been thinking about starting a new home project, print this $10 off a $50 Lowe's purchase coupon. Good through 4/4/11. You should be able to use this at Home Depot(if it is closer to you) as they take competitor coupons. I am planning to do some gardening, so this really came in handy. Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Reese Witherspoon is a married lady and what shoe did she wear on her special day to Jim Toth? She wore Jimmy Choo's "Macy" satin platform sandal. And the price tag on this gorgeous shoe? $645!!!
That is way over my shoe budget, so I looked for a comparable shoe in my price range and found a handful . I love this Dauphine shoe.
Would you guess this shoe is under $50- Yep from Unforgettable Moments exclusively at Payless.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
As the Royal Wedding is almost approaching, McDonald's has a great sweepstakes going on. Enter here to win one of four trips for TWO to London for the Royal Wedding. The sweepstakes is very simple to enter- just tell them in 25 words something you do or have seen that's a little bit fancy. You can include a picture too if you would like.
For all your football fans( or husband's that are), enter this sweepstakes here for a chance to announce a pick live at the 2011 NFL draft courtesy of Verizon. Ends 4/13..Enjoy!
Monday, March 28, 2011
If you watch Teen Mom 2 on MTV, I am sure you know Leah Messer marries Corey Simms in tomorrow night's episode. Leah and Corey were on 16 and Pregnant when we saw their relationship fizzle. The tables have turned and they are as happy as ever. They have adorable twin girls Aliannah and Aleeah.
Us Weekly has some great pictures and you can check out the latest edition while you are waiting in line at the grocery store.
Leah got her dress at a discount- you can watch on the show as she picks out her Maggie Sottero gown. Everyone loves a bargain- even Teen Mom Celebrities.
The groom wore a camouflage vest. The theme is camouflage. How different..Enjoy!
Saturday, March 26, 2011
An oldie but a goodie. Not much in this week at the library, so I decided to peruse the shelves and I found "Bride Wars" starring Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. These best friends both are planning their dream weddings at the Plaza Hotel. There is a mix up in their wedding dates and BFF's Liv and Emma are faced with some choices. Neither want to sacrifice for their big day. And let the Bride War begin... Both girls go out of their way to make the other upset. Girls are just so evil. This is a fun one to watch.. Enjoy your weekend and if anyone is attending a wedding this weekend, what a great movie to watch prior..Enj0y!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Last week I started the coupon preview and sharing my couponing tips.
I get asked how I organize my coupons a lot: Here are my secrets:
I make categories in my coupon file-
Then I have the front and back not labeled and use that as extra. The back file compartment is for extra( i.e. batteries and one of a kind items). My front compartment is for my shopping trip. If I am heading to Publix, I have my list and my coupons that I know I am using. Throughout my shop, I still look at my coupons if I need something else or see another deal in the making.
If you have any tips or any questions on couponing, please share..Enjoy!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
In honor March Madness (basketball), Chili’s is hoping that you will come into their restaurant to watch! They want you to come there so bad that they are offering FREE Chips & Queso- March 24th through March 27th.You need to purchase an entree.
Sign up for their email club here and you get a coupon for FREE Chips & Queso as well, anytime. You will need to sign up and bring in your coupon for FREE chips for March Madness, March 24th-27th, so sign up and get two coupons. Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Did you hire a limo for you and your wedding party to arrive in style?
Well, however you got to your wedding, this one takes the cake:
Prince William and Kate Middleton will leave the church after their April 29th wedding in this 109 year old State Landau horse and coach. I would be worried about my hair the whole time..lol
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Crate&Barrel is giving away $100,000 for your dream wedding in the Ultimate Wedding Sweepstakes which ends 5/31. Go ahead and enter then get all your friends to vote for you. Send me an email or leave a comment and I will vote for you..Enjoy!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Sister, Sister star Tamera Mowry is planning her May wedding to Fox News Channel correspondent Adam Housley. Housley popped the question in Venice, Italy, presenting his bride-to-be with a limited vintage design engagement ring by Viraggio.
As you all know I love reality T.V., and the Mowry sisters are having their own reality series on the Style Network"Tia And Tamera Take 2." The show will follow the former child stars as they go through their adult live. Their show is set to make its debut next summer.
Tia Mowry and hubby Cory Hardrict are expecting their first child in July. What a great year for the Sisters..Enjoy!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
This weeks movie popped up on my list and I forgot I even requested it. I usually put new releases on my list and then get surprised as to what shows up that week at the library. I had no idea what "The Romantics" was about.
This movie has some of my favorite actors: Katie Holmes(aww the Dawson Creek Days), Anna Paquin( Sookie) and Josh Duhamel. The movie starts off by showing a group of 7 VERY close friends. Laura( Holmes) is the asked to be the maid of honor for her BFF Lila's( Paquin) wedding to Tom( Duhamel). The twist is that Laura and Tom were an item and thought they were the one for eachother and now the love triangle begins again the day before the wedding. All seven friends "The Romantics" seem to have hooked up with eachother in the past, so the movie is a little twisted to begin with. I love wedding movies- but this one doesn't have the happiest of weddings. What happens when a wedding is rained out....I'm 50/50 on this one, not sure if I would watch again, but not a horrible movie. You decide...Enjoy!
Friday, March 18, 2011
I love this Ribbon Program and it is very classy. Your wedding programs can list as much or as little as you want regarding your ceremony. You can match your wedding program to your invitations, save the dates and even thank you cards.
Now for another great giveaway...
TGK has the cutest note cards. Check out all the great note cards below along with their matching wedding stationery. One Lucky reader will win their own Note Card set (keep reading):
- Floral Toile Notes - These come in light Navy ink on Antique White paper. QTY. 75 notes + coordinating antique white envelopes. Check out the matching invitation & save the date.
- Magnolia Thank You Notes - These come in Plum ink on Champagne paper. QTY. 50 notes + coordinating cream envelopes. Check out the matching pocket invitation and save the date.
- Cari Notes - These come in Harvest & Cranberry ink on Champagne paper. QTY. 50 notes + coordinating cream envelopes. Check out the matching: invitation, save the date, and program.
Now for the best part: The Green Kangaroo is offering one of my lucky readers their own set of note cards (from the 3 listed above).
How to enter: Take a look around The Green Kangaroo and let me know your favorite item or items! Then come back here and leave a comment. This question must be answered to gain an entry in the giveaway. Each of the following will give you an extra entry in the giveaway. Please make sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do:
-Post about this giveaway on your blog, linking back to Saving Money for a Wedding.
-Grab my blog button for your blog
-Become a Blog follower
-Subscribe to my blog
-Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post and let me know which post(2 extra entries)
The giveaway will end on Monday, April 4th @ 11:59 pm EST. I will pick the winner randomly and will send them an email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email. Good Luck and thank you all again for checking out my blog and a special thanks to The Green Kangaroo. Enjoy!
Last week my giveaway was for the latest issue of All You. I love how you all look for great ways to save and I wanted to start by sharing my coupon techniques:
I have a expandable file, which I hold all my coupons in and carry in my purse. Yes- it gets heavy. I usually buy 1 Sunday paper for the coupons and then get other from family and friends. I end up with 3-4 of each insert weekly. I usually like to have at least two of every coupon so I can pair better with a Buy One Get One FREE Sale- you can use two coupons. I shop the most at Publix, Walgreens and CVS as they are the closest to me.
If you have been thinking about clipping coupons, now is the time. Coupons are the " in thing" and you will be happy with all your savings. Even using a few coupons per shopping trip will make your out of pocket less. How else can you save up for your dream wedding if you don't start saving now.
If you are starting with the coupons this weekend, get your scissors ready as there will be a Red Plum and Smart Source coupon insert. Here are the coupons you can expect to see this Sunday. Different regions get slightly different coupon values, but this will give you a good idea of what you will see:
SmartSource (SS 03/20/11)
- $4/1 Air Wick Freshmatic Starter Kit, exp. 5-1-11
- B1G1 Air Wick Freshmatic Ultra Refill, exp. 5-1-11
- $1 off Air Wick Scented Oil Refill, exp. 5-1-11
- FREE Air Wick Warmer Unit wyb Oil Refill, exp. 5-1
- $0.55/1 Dishwasher Magic, exp. 6-30-11
- $0.55/1 Edge Shave Gel, exp. 5-1-11
- $0.50/1 Select Fiber One Cereals, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/2 Select General Mills Cereals, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/2 Cheerios Original or Honey Nut Cereal, exp. 4-30-11
- $0.50/1 Select Kix Cereals, exp. 4-30-11
- $0.75/3 Hamburger Helper Skillet Meals, exp. 5-14-11
- $0.50/1 Huggies Baby Wipes, exp. 4-16-11
- $1.50/2 Huggies Diapers, exp. 4-16-11
- $2/2 Huggies Little Movers/Snugglers, exp. 4-16-11
- $5/1 Select Hydroxycut Products, exp. 6-30-11
- $1/1 Joint Juice Supplement Drink, exp. 5-20-11
- $1/2 Ken's Dressing, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/2 Ken's Dressing, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/1 Ken's Marinade, exp. 4-30-11
- $1.50/1 Lysol Neutra Air Aerosol Can, exp. 4-19-11
- $1/1 Lysol Neutra Air Fabric Mist, exp. 4-19-11
- $0.35/1 Mentos Gum, exp. 5-15-11
- $2.50/2 Playtex Gentle Glide Tampons, exp. 5-22-11
- $1/1 Playtex Personal Cleaning Cloths, exp. 5-22-11
- $2.50/2 Playtex Sport Tampons, exp. 5-22-11
- $2/1 Schick Intuition Razor or Refill, exp. 5-1-11
- $1/1 Select Schick Disposable Razors, exp. 5-1-11
- $3/1 Select Schick Quattro Products, exp. 5-1-11
- $0.55/1 Super Iron Out, exp. 6-30-11
- $0.55/1 Super Iron Out, exp. 6-30-11
- $0.55/1 Super Iron Out, exp. 6-30-11
- $0.50/3 Totino's Crisp Crust Party Pizza, exp. 6-11-11
- $0.55/1 Disposer Care Product, exp. 6-30-11
- $0.55/1 Washer Magic, exp. 6-30-11
- $1/1 Welch's Fruit Snacks, exp. 5-15-11
- $1/1 Welch's Fruit or Fruit 'n Yogurt Snacks, exp. 5-15-11
- $1/1 Woolite Detergent, exp. 4-3-11
- $1/1 Zest Body Wash, exp. 5-15-11
- $1/1 Zest Multipack, exp. 5-15-11
RedPlum (RP 03/20/11)
- $1/1 Always Maxi or Ultra Jumbo Pack, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/1 Cesar Treats, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/1 Endust Product, exp. 5-1-11
- $4/1 Gillette Fusion Proglide Cartridge, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/2 Mars Easter Product, exp. 4-24-11
- $1/1 Pedigree Breathbuster Treats For Dogs, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/1 Pedigree Dentastix For Dogs, exp. 4-30-11
- $2/2 Purina Cat Chow or Kitten Chow, exp. 5-15-11
- $1/1 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls, exp. 6-30-11
- $1/1 Rhodes Warm-n-Serv Rolls, exp. 6-30-11
- $0.75/1 Sara Lee Pre-Sliced Meat, exp. 4-30-11
- $1/1 Smuckers Snack 'n Waffles, exp. 6-30-11
- $1/2 Suave Body Lotion Product, exp. 4-17-11
- B2G1 Suave Body Wash Product, exp. 4-17-11
- $0.50/1 Suave Deodorant Product, exp. 4-17-11
- $0.50/2 Select Suave Kids Products, exp. 4-17-11
- $0.50/2 Select Suave Professionals Items, exp. 4-17-11
- $0.50/2 Suave Professionals Styling Product, exp. 4-17-11
- $1/2 Select Temptations Products, exp. 5-1-11
- $0.75/1 Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice, exp. 5-15-11
Thursday, March 17, 2011
As I mentioned Monday night in my update, Brad proposed to Emily with a 3-carat ring from Neil Lane. Emily's ring is surrounded by 263 round brilliant-cut diamonds and set on a split shank band. What a Fabulous ring! It was hand-crafted, designed and signed by Lane.
Last season- Ali Fedotowsky was the Bachelorette and now is happily engaged to Roberto Martinez.
Roberto proposed with a 3-carat ring as well from Lane. Ali's ring is accented with 184 round brilliant-cut diamonds.
These are not affordable rings- upward of $50,000- but lucky for the couples, ABC pays for the rings. I hope Emily and Brad can mend there issues and make it work. I love happy endings. What is your ring style? Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
You can create your wedding registry online at WeddingChannel.com for all these great stores. Look at the great selection.
I think it is a great idea to go with your husband to register as it makes it more special. These are the items that will be in your future HOME together. What a great way to start off your decision making skills as a couple...Enjoy!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Need a vacation? Win a trip for two to San Antonio, Texas. Spend 5 days/4 nights discovering vibrant San Antonio and the Texas Hill Country. Prize includes roundtrip coach airfare for two to/from San Antonio within the continental U.S., a 4-night stay at Hotel Contessa, and $750 of spending money. Enter daily now here through April 30, 2011.