Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Movie Review: To Rent or Not to Rent

This week I got Precious from the library. What a heart touching movie, more violent than I expected, but a great story. Claireece “Precious” Jones was played by Gabourey Sidibe. Precious is a 16year old girl, pregnant with her second child. She was been abused all her life. Precious gets help from her mentor and teacher and starts learning how to read. Mariah Carey is also in this movie, she plays a welfare worker that helps Precious. Precious is based on the novel 'Push' by Sapphire. It is a touching story with a happy ending. A must see and a Golden Globe Winner.

I also picked up "True Blood" Season 1 from the library. I am happy the library lets me check out Season DVD's for two weeks. There are 5 discs, so it will take me a while to watch. Have you watched True Blood? I would love to hear your opinions. I'll hopefully have a full review next week.

I would highly suggest getting TV show seasons on DVD that you need to catch up on, as most shows are repeats this summer. I also have on hold- Weeds, Dexter. Since I don't pay for HBO and Showtime, this is a great way for me to see the shows for FREE. Your local library is a great source.


If you missed last week movie review on Dear John, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment