Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Movie Review: To Rent or Not to Rent


Well I am happy to tell you all that I finished watching True Blood Season 1. Now, I can not stop talking about True Blood.

Before when I heard my friends talk about True Blood weekly parties and buying the "True Blood" drink, I thought they were crazy. I am now one of them. I have been going up to friends and coworkers all week asking if they watch True Blood.

For all of you who haven't heard about True Blood, it centers around the coexistence of humans and vampires in a small town in Louisiana. The main character is Sookie Stackhouse (actress Anna Paquin) who is a telepathic waitress at the local bar in town. She instantly falls in love with a vampire named Bill Compton (actor Stephen Moyer) when she saves him from humans trying to steal his blood. Sookie lives with her brother Jason and grandmother. Sookie's best friend Tara deals with family issues as well. The town all wants to try "True Blood" which is vampire blood and many of the locals find crazy ways to steal blood. Many of the human girls in town let the vampires bite them. The town is full of gossip.

If any of the above sounds interesting to you, I suggest you pick up Season 1 from your local library(hopefully they have it) and start watching. You won't be able to stop. My husband and I spent 5 hours one night (YES 5 hours) watching back to back episodes. There are twelve episodes, but I promise you wont want to turn off the TV, even if it is past your bedtime.

True Blood is currently on HBO and on its third season. I already put in my hold at the library for True Blood Season 2. Only 300 people in front of me..lol....Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I'm addicted too. Just wait til you watch season 3- o, you are in store for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen True Blood yet as we dont have HBO. I never thought about getting it at the library. I am going to check at the library tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tru blood. What a great show. My husband orders HBO for it. I didnt even think of getting boxed sets at the library. I will hae to check mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love true blood. I have even been to a few of my friends parties. Big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your weekly movie reviews. I have True Blood on hold at the library now. Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is SOOOO addicting. My bf introduced me to it, in less than a month I've watched the first two seasons AND gotten to start watching season 3 with him (since I don't have HBO). You might see if you know someone who owns season 2 so you don't have to wait!

    ReplyDelete