Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wedding Photographer

One of the weddings I was in, had a not so nice photographer. The photographer came highly rated to my friends, but she only met her twice before her big day. My friends did not have an engagement shoot, so they did not work closely with the photographer prior to their big day.

The photographer had her idea of what pictures she wanted to take and was giving the bride and groom as well as the wedding party orders. Yes, orders. The poses were creative and fun, but the bride did not appreciate someone giving her orders on her big day. Some photographers are there just to do a job and others truly care about your wedding.

I love photos and I know how important they are to a wedding, but make sure you do your research and have fun looking for the perfect photographer. They are out there. You literally spend as much time with your photographer as you do your husband on your wedding day. Being comfortable is also key, if you don't want a certain pose taken- speak up. You are paying them, not the other way around.

It's always a good idea for the bride and groom to make a list of all their immediate family members names as well as the names of the wedding party. This assists the photographer. This is especially important if your have a blended family. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great tips. Our photographer was one of the first vendors I wanted to secure. I think photography and videography is so important.. they're the only things you have to remember your special day by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I love my wedding pictures and the photographer we picked was one we had seen in action prior. He was very professional and really enjoyed being(working) at our wedding.

    ReplyDelete