Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday's Wedding Tip #35

Happy Thursday!!!

Wedding tip # 35 is making your own cake on a budget using coupons. Think of how many cakes you eat during your wedding process- from your engagement cake, bridal shower cake, rehearsal dinner cake, etc.

Now what if you could make these smaller cakes yourself. I never thought of doing this until recently when a good friend of mine asked if I would help bake a cake for her bridal shower.

So I ended up buying good old Betty (Betty Crocker Cake Mix). Of course I looked for when it went on sale as well as paired it with coupons. There are some great new Betty Crocker coupons out here. The best is $0.75 off when you buy any flavor/variety Betty Crocker SuperMoist Cake Mix. You can find these mixes for about a $1 at Walmart.

Ok, so I am not saying to make your own wedding cake, but for all the smaller events leading up to your big day this is a great way to save some money and bond in the kitchen.

If you missed last week's wedding tip on engagement parties, check it out here...Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I definitely wouldn't recommend making your own wedding cake, but for the smaller events it sounds like fun. You can get all kinds of fondant and cake supplies at Michaels. I really want to take a cake decorating class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own grooms cake in the shape of his favorite bball team.

    ReplyDelete