Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Movie Review: To Rent or Not to Rent


This week we watched " The Ghost Writer". This one was my husbands choice from Blockbuster. Of course we got the movie FREE here.

The former British Prime Minister, Adam Lang (Pierce Brosnan) is looking for a new ghost writer. The former ghost writer died in an unfortunate accident. The new ghost writer is Ewan McGrego. The ghost has a bad feeling from the start that something is not right. The ghost first day of work involves hearing about a former British cabinet minister accuses Lang of a war crime. Lang's assistant (and Mistress) is played by Kim Cattrall.

As Ewan is working on completing the memoirs,
he begins to uncover clues suggesting his predecessor may have stumbled on a dark secret linking Lang to the CIA. Lang's wife RUTH is also a sketchy character as she ends up sleeping with the Ghost. The movie was very drawn out and the mystery took a while to unfold. The Ghost figures out the clues must be hidden in the manuscript his predecessor left behind.

Just in case you are planning to rent this one, I wont spoil the ending, but will say it is not what I expected. The deceit is way beyond what one movie should unfold. The truth can be deadly..


My husband enjoyed this one while I did not. Next movie will be my choice..Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. I heard this movie was good from a friend. I think ill get it one night for date night. Cant beat the blockbuster $1 movie.

    ReplyDelete