Apple Pie- I am sure you are all ready for a dessert recipe!
This recipe serves 8
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Prepare your pastry for a two crust pie. Wipe, quarter, core, peel, and slice apples; measure to 6 cups.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. The amount of sugar used depends on how tart your apples are.
- Arrange apples in layers in pastry lined pie plate. Sprinkle each layer with sugar and cinnamon. Dot top layer with small pieces of butter or margarine. Cover with top crust.
- Place on lowest rack in oven preheated to 450 degrees F. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold.