Happy Tuesday and I have a great dish for you today: Thai Beef Salad.
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/2 small serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup grated, seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli coleslaw
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak evenly on both sides with pepper and salt. Add steak to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
Combine cabbage and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle slaw mixture with cilantro mixture; toss. Arrange 2 cups slaw mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces beef.
Yields 4 servings.
Calories: 313 (34% from fat); Fat: 11.8g (sat 4g, mono 5.5g, poly 0.6g); Protein: 28.2g; Carbohydrate: 22.6g; Fiber: 5g; Cholesterol: 71mg; Iron: 2.8mg; Sodium: 883mg; Calcium: 105mg
Photos and recipes courtesy of Cooking Light magazine. Enjoy!