Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday's Healthy Tip


I can't wait for my Thanksgiving feast this week. Last week I talked about the food pyramid, and I know how hard it is to eat healthy in November and December.

The first part of the pyramid is Grains:

Any food made from wheat, rice, oats, cornmeal, barley or another cereal grain is a grain product. Bread, pasta, oatmeal, breakfast cereals, tortillas, and grits are examples of grain products.

Grains are divided into 2 subgroups, whole grains and refined grains.

Some examples of Whole grains would be oatmeal, brown rice and whole wheat products. <----Healthy!!!

Some examples of Refined grains would be white bread, pasta, corn tortillas and white rice. <---- NOT Healthy!!


My latest addiction are brown rice chips from Costco- I am addicted!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. i printed the whole grain rice coupon- healthy side dish for FREE.

    ReplyDelete