Welcome to Saving Money for a Wedding. This blog was created to help you find GREAT money saving deals, learn about GREAT new products and details on how to plan the BEST wedding ever. Sit back and relax, I am glad to have you here.
Custom Search

Monday, October 12, 2009

My Decorating Idea

On Saturday, I found this adorable Monogrammed "K" glass jar @ Ross for only $8.99!!



So then I was thinking, what should I put in it to spice it up. I stopped into Michael's craft yesterday to pick up some scrapbook stuff. While I was there, I found these River Rocks ($2.49 a bag). There was a 2 day Columbus Day coupon for 60% off a bag. Making each River Rock bag only $1. I decided to pick up 4 bags.

Look at the final product..
Have you done any crafty projects lately on a budget? I would love to know..Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I did a poster board of pictures of my kids for our hallway last month!

    You did a great job and what a great deal. Which I could find that jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job- love your finds. I saw the Michael's ad yesterday- they had a 50% off coupon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! First off, I never go to a store without coupons (I also ask neighbors for their's if they aren't going to use them), and always check out the clearance section! Also, I split things with mom and sometimes a friend if we both want it, but don't want to spend the price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute. I am afraid I haven't done anything terribly crafty lately. I'm currently working on an antique milk bottle my father-in-law gave me when we were in PA. I am hoping to slowly fill it up with some sea glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I have never seen a monogrammed container like that one. It looks like its more expensive. BTW you can also fill it with colored sand, sea shells or even a combination of the two, as well as jelly beans but tht may entice you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it- now if only I could find that jar...

    ReplyDelete