Did you miss last week's wedding tip? Check it out here.
Drum roll...Wedding Tip # 17- Make sure you are prepared for your first dance. This is one of the biggest all eyes are on you moments of your wedding. Here are a few tips:
1. Choose a wedding song that is romantic, but that your can dance along with.
2. Very Important to make sure your band knows your song a head of time so they can practice it too.
3. Let your Band or DJ know how long you plan to be out on the dance floor. My band and I came up with a part in the song where we wanted to end it, so we knew ahead of time.
3. Practice, Practice, Practice...My husband and I took an 8 week ballroom dance course prior to our wedding to learn some moves. It really helped and it got us both in the dancing mood. I would recommend 5 to 10 lesson at a local dance studio rather than private( they get Pricey). In a class you learn all the moves you need and they even will teach you a few full dances. It's also a great way to meet other couples in your area.
4. Remember that your guests won't know what you are planning in terms of dance moves. You can easily cover up missteps if you remain calm and look confident. Relax, it's only the BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE.
You are not a contestants on "So You Think You Can Dance"- Just Enjoy and Have fun!
The Perfect Pink Flats for Spring
5 hours ago